Discovering the presence of bed bugs in your home is akin to living a real-life horror movie. The thought of those blood-sucking insects terrorizing you in your sleep is enough to cause anyone to panic. Read more
by Tommy Underhill, GreenTech Heat
December 3, 2019
So, how do these bugs get in your bed and everywhere else around your home? They don’t just appear one day! These bugs hitch hike or walk through the unusual places in search of a host— you and your family! Remember they are an insect that needs to feed to survive. It’s interesting how many people discover bed bugs in their home and say “I know where they came from”. In reality the introduction of a bed bug could have come from anywhere. They are hitchhikers, so you may have picked one up while you were out in public. They are often found in cars, buses, airplanes, restaurants, schools, doctors offices, hospitals, day care centers, your work, summer camps, and hotels. Maybe someone brought one to you when they visited. It’s hard to say.
We’ve visited homes of good folks like you who have made any of the following mistakes... and we don’t want you to make them, too!
- They throw out their bed, couch, or chairs.
- They rip up, remove, and replace their carpeting and padding.
- They replace all their clothing, and immediately put them into bedbug infested closets and dressers.
- They buy cheap insecticides which drive the bed bug deeper into their furnishings and building to avoid the chemicals.
- They try to rub everything down with alcohol. This creates a fire hazard.
- They put their clothes in the freezer.
- They run their clothes through the dryer for a regular dry cycle.
- They run their clothes through the dryer on high heat for several hours, but don’t treat anywhere else in their home. They then put these clothes back into their dressers and closets where the bed bugs already live.
- They think BED BUGS = INFESTED BED and don’t consider that bed bugs will harbor multiple places throughout their home.
- They do nothing.
If you find a bed bug this holiday season, don’t panic! Give us a call at 513-604-6332 and we’ll reduce allergens, freshen the air, kill bed bugs, and keep your family safe. Trust TRS Extermination to eliminate the the fear and frustration of bed bugs. Your life will be less stressful. When we’re done, we know all your bed bugs will be dead.
Don’t take our word for it
TRS was amazing! Glen came and inspected the situation and instead of having me pay for something that wasn’t needed he was honest and saved me money. I would say this is an honest company. He educated me on what to look for and was just a nice guy. I would definitely recommend this company.
5 Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
March 5, 2019