Discovering the presence of bed bugs in your home is akin to living a real-life horror movie. The thought of those blood-sucking insects terrorizing you in your sleep is enough to cause anyone to panic. Read more
by Tommy Underhill, GreenTech Heat
October 9, 2019
For many people, Halloween means an opportunity to dress up in a costume and experience being someone— or something!— else... maybe even a vampire! I’ve put together a short list of action items to help make Halloween a treat and keep you from being tricked into bringing home an unwanted blood sucker.
- Many people find elements of their costume at thrift stores. Upon arriving home, don’t drop your newly-found treasures onto your bed or couch! The first place any second-hand clothing should go is directly into the washer and dryer for a couple of long, hot cycles.
- Some Halloween parties can be extravagant affairs with lots of guests wearing clothing and accessories they don’t normally wear. Be aware that many guests attending the same Halloween party you’re at might not have followed the above tip.
- If you’re the one hosting the Halloween party, be on the lookout for bed bugs for several days. The first place you’ll probably find adult bed bugs is in the room and on or around the furniture guests sat on during the party.
- An few individual bed bug eggs are too small to be easily seen if they’ve been dropped by a guest. A week to ten days later you might find newly-hatched bed bugs called nymphs.
- Dealing with bed bugs is not like fending off a vampire: garlic will not help you.
- If left untreated, nymphs will seek you out, feed on you and your family, and grow to adulthood in about five weeks— and you could have plenty of hungry bed bugs crawling around your home by Thanksgiving. Once the insects reach sexual maturity, the insects that hatched from the few original eggs can become a wild infestation in a matter of a few short months... right about the time your family and friends regroup for the Holidays.
- A bed bug infestation will only grow larger and become more of a nuisance. Act quickly to prevent a continuing problem.
If you discover blood suckers before, during, or after a Halloween party, don’t panic! Give us a call at 513-604-6332 and we’ll keep your family safe from the nasty little blood suckers. Let TRS Extermination give you the treat of killing bed bugs for you in Dayton, Cincinnati and Middletown and surrounding communities. Your life will be less stressful and your Holidays will be bed-bug free. When we’re done, we know all your bed bugs— and other insects— will be dead.
Don’t take our word for it
Very pleased with TRS Extermination. They were quick to schedule me in for an inspection and treated the problem all in the same week! Ryan was very helpful and professional. Would highly recommend for your pest control or bed bug issues.
5 Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
February 10, 2019