For many people, Halloween means an opportunity to dress up in a costume and experience being someone— or something!— else... maybe even a vampire! I’ve put together a short list of action items to help make Halloween a treat and keep you from being tricked into bringing home an unwanted blood sucker. Read more
August 21, 2019
With students from all over heading back to school this month, parents and schools should be bed bug aware. According to the EPA, bed bugs are one of several pests that are a concern in schools and many states now require schools to have a policy of alerting parents of any infestation. However, unless the problem is widespread, it will likely go undetected for some time.
Don’t panic: school infestations are not a leading bed bug problem, bed bugs are not know to carry disease, and bed bugs do not infest people. However, since bed bugs are excellent hitchhikers, it is a time of year to be bed bug vigilant. Here are six steps you can take to help keep your child’s class or dorm room bed bug free.
- Regularly heat-dry all bedding, clothes, and bags in your home and encourage your college student to do the same
- Limit the items you send with your student to school
- Inspect all backpack and jackets for hitchhiking bedbugs
- Immediately alert school staff if you see a bedbug on campus or on your child
- Ask your school administration to see their pest policy and action plan
- In case of infestation in your own home, have an action plan that includes calling TRS Extermination to treat your home.
TRS Extermination utilizes discreet, portable electric and propane heaters, and fans specifically designed for the efficient killing of all insect pests, especially bed bugs and their eggs. We make your bed bug infestation an emergency. Heat is so much more than just a superb solution for bed bugs. Every living organism has a thermal death point. When treating for bed bugs, we denature allergens and may also kill bacteria, mildew, and viruses. We will kill all insect pests in the treatment area and disinfect and deodorize your home at the same time. Call us at 513-604-6332 to find out how TRS Extermination will keep you bed-bug free!