June 3, 2019
Summer travel season is here! Your hotel might look pristine, but what is lurking underneath? Bed bugs don’t care about the cleanliness or star-rating of a hotel, and they are found everywhere. While most hotels are doing what the can to keep a bug-free space, it's important that you protect yourself. Here are five tips for bed bug prevention you should make part of your travel clean routine.
- Inspect your room upon arrival. Pull back the sheets and inspect mattress seams. Bed bugs leave telltale stains and spots. Don’t stop there! Bed bugs don’t only hide in mattresses, but in furniture as well. Be sure to check for them in the headboard, side tables, and framed art above the bed.
- Use luggage racks! Do not store your bags on or under the bed. Bed bugs are great hitch-hikers and will climb into the crevices of your belongings.
- Keep your belongings off the floor, chairs, or dressers. Don’t leave your dirty clothes scattered around the room. Bed bugs like piles of clothes to hide in.
- If you see signs of bugs, immediately request a room change. Do not accept a room change into an adjacent space either to the side or above/below you.
- When you return home, wash all clothing from your suitcase in the hot water cycle even if you did not wear it. Dry with the highest heat setting your dryer has to ensure all bugs are killed. Vacuum your luggage, making sure to get all the seams. If you have one, steaming your bags with a handheld garment steamer is a great idea as bed bugs can’t survive heat.
- Call the Cincinnati bed bug professionals at TRS Extermination at the first sign of any bed bug infestation. The sooner you take a proactive response, the sooner all your bed bugs will be dead. You, your family, your friends, and everyone you interact with will appreciate your timely action. We respond to your bed bug infestation with emergency bed bug urgency.
Don’t let bed bugs ruin your summer trip memories! If you do come home to find bed bug bites and think the bugs might have infested your bed, call us at 513-604-6332 to find out why heat treating your home is the best way to safely and effectively eradicate them.
Our propane bed bug heaters are safe to structures and contents yet 100% lethal to all forms of insect pests including bed bugs. “Every living organism has a thermal death point” applies to every living organism— insects, as well as bacteria. Whether you’re a hotel guest who brought bed bugs back to Cincinnati or a hotel manager who receives a bed bug complaint, give us a call and we will have you bed bug free only 1 day. After at least three hours of 135°F heat we turn the heater off and load the equipment back into the trailer. If you think you see bed bugs call TRS Extermination at 513-604-6332. Your bed bugs will be dead. Guaranteed.
Don’t take our word for it
A couple weeks ago our son brought home some bed bugs from one of his friends house and knowing how quickly they can spread and infest, I immediately started to search for an exterminator to come in and exterminate them. I ran into TRS on Google and read their reviews which were very good. I called them and spoke to Kelly and she was very helpful and informative. They sent one of there exterminators to my house within one day to check our house and his name was Mark - Mark did a very thorough job looking over the house and discovered traces of bed bugs and went over what needed to be done to extinguish them. After he was finished, he called his office and they were very good about making sure they could bring their crew in as quick as possible to take care of them. They were able to come in and do the work within just a few days. The owner even called me direct to speak to me and go over the process with me on the phone. They have now come, treated my house and so far see no more traces of bed bugs. I would like to recommend TRS to anyone have pest problems because they showed me that they cared about my problem and were willing to do what ever they could to make sure my needs were take care of. Their customer service was top of the line. For the actual work, Mark and Ryan came in and took care of everything. - Thanks so much TRS.
5 Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
September 12, 2018