by Marty Venturini
September 21, 2018
What are some mistakes people make when they find out they have bed bugs?
1. They throw out their bed, couch, or chair.
2. They rip up, remove, and replace their carpeting and padding.
3. They discard their clothes and luggage.
4. They replace all their clothing, and immediately put them into bedbug infested closets and dressers.
5. They encase their mattress in a bag which does nothing to prevent the bedbugs living elsewhere in their home from feeding on them.
6. They buy cheap insecticides which drive the bed bug deeper into their furnishings and building to avoid the chemicals.
7. They try to rub everything down with alcohol. This creates a fire hazard.
8. They buy or rent a space heater or flame throwing propane torpedo heater and burn the place down.
9. They put their clothes in the freezer.
10. They run their clothes through the dryer for a regular dry cycle.
11. They run their clothes through the dryer on high heat for several hours, but don’t treat anywhere else in their home.
12. They rent a heat tent or a heat chamber and treat all their clothes and furniture, but cannot treat the interior of their home.
13. They spot treat select furniture with steam or freezing.
14. They think BED BUGS = INFESTED BED and don’t consider that bed bugs will harbor multiple places throughout their home.
15. They don’t think to inspect their electronics such as bedside clocks, stereos, set-top boxes, computers, or televisions.
16. They discard their electronics for fear they cannot treat them.
17. They treat their home with chemicals that will kill nymph and adult bed bugs, but do nothing to kill the eggs. The eggs hatch and the cycle repeats.
18. They use heat equipment designed for other industries like structural drying or environmental remediation.
19. They purchase heat equipment from a company that does not provide training.
20. They do nothing.
Don’t make these or other costly and dangerous mistakes. Heat kills bed bugs naturally. Let TRS Extermination provide you the service and technology to be bedbug-free. Compared to the frustration and cost of replacing your electronics, furniture, and clothing— and still having repeat infestations from hatching eggs to deal with!— a whole-house heat treatment can be very cost-effective. We offer emergency bed bug extermination services, free bug identification, and general pest control.
Don’t take our word for it
The guys are really personable and professional . great experience over all.
Adam J Dolan
5 Stars: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
August 24, 2018